PGD- refers to preimplantation genetic Diagnosis. PGD involves screening cells from embryos for genetic defects and disorder. The embryos used in PGD are usually created during the process of in vitro fertilization (IVF).
Steps of PGD
-   Stimulation of the ovaries
-   Collection of eggs from the ovaries
-   IVF procedure
-   Embryo biopsy
-   Embryo Testing
-   Embryo Transfer to uterus
-   Pregnancy Test
-   Unexplained IVF failure
-   Maternal age over 38
-   Conception of a chromosomally abnormal child or fetus
-   Polycystic ovary syndrome
-   Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome
-   Due to Turner's syndrome
-   Premature ovarian failure or premature menopause
Who should have PGD?
PGD is an extremely useful for couples who are carriers of an inherited genetic disorder. PGD has enabled us to dramatically increase the rates for successful pregnancy in many couples that have failed repeated IVF cycles. The accuracy for these techniques is nearly 98%.
Only with the help of Shivam Hospital’s expert knowledge, we were able to overcome our problem of infertility and now we are expecting our new child in 4 months to be a part of this wonderful world.