Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) is a advanced form of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF). ICSI involves the injection of a single sperm directly into a mature egg using very fine micro-manipulation equipment.
Steps to ICSI
-   Retrieval of the mature egg.
-   Retrieval of healthy sperm with the help of a needle.
-   Then the needle is carefully inserted through the shell of the egg and into the cytoplasm.
-   The sperm is injected into the cytoplasm.
-   Observation of the normal fertilization.
Why do you need ICSI?
-   Severe cases of male-factor infertility.
-   A very low sperm count.
-   Abnormally shaped or slow sperm.
-   Sperm quality is poor.
ICSI itself is very successful at helping the sperm and the egg to fertilize. Fertilization happens in around 90% of cases. Every 10 mature eggs obtained and combined with the sperm either with IVF or ICSI, approximately five to six will fertilize normally. ICSI has not been shown to increase fertilization rates in situations where the sperm assessment is normal.
If you have any problem regarding male infertility, come and share your concerns at the Shivam IVF Centre. You will get the Best IVF Treatment In Delhi under the observation of Dr. Bhavana Mittal.
Only with the help of Shivam Hospital’s expert knowledge, we were able to overcome our problem of infertility and now we are expecting our new child in 4 months to be a part of this wonderful world.