Coping with Secondary Infertility: When Conceiving a Second Child Isn't Easy
Secondary infertility can be a deeply emotional and challenging experience for couples who have successfully conceived a child in the past but are struggling to do so again. Frustration, despair, and even guilt are all possible reactions. Get the best infertility treatment in Delhi, NCR, by letting go of the guilt and consulting with fertility specialists at Shivam IVF & Infertility Centre. In this blog, we will cover secondary infertility, its causes, and How to cope.
Understanding Second fertility
The inability to conceive or carry a pregnancy to term after having a child in the past without having any reproductive issues is known as secondary infertility. Couples who want to grow their family but run across obstacles may find it to be a bewildering and emotionally taxing journey. Unlike primary infertility, which occurs when a couple never conceives.
Causes of secondary infertility
The common causes of secondary infertility can vary and may include:
1. Age-related factors
2. Female factor issues such as Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), Endometriosis, Uterine fibroids, and pelvic inflammatory disease
3. Male factor issues as low sperm count
4. Hormonal imbalances, such as irregular ovulation, can disrupt the reproductive cycle and make conception difficult.
5. Uterine abnormalities, such as uterine polyps, or structural issues, may affect implantation and pregnancy.
6. Lifestyle choices, such as smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, drug use, obesity, or excessive stress, can impact fertility in both men and women.
Coping with Secondary Infertility
Secondary infertility can be a challenging and emotionally distressing experience for couples who have successfully conceived a child in the past but are struggling to do so again. As a leading infertility specialist in Delhi NCR, Dr. Bhavana Mittal understands the unique struggles couples face and provides guidance on steps to cope with secondary infertility.
1. Encourage couples to seek out a reputable infertility expert for a thorough assessment.
2. Provide emotional support and compassionate therapy to help with the psychological effects of secondary infertility.
3. Informing couples about available treatment choices, such as fertility drugs, IUI, IVF, or other assisted reproductive technologies (ART), is essential.
4. If natural conception proves to be impossible or unsuitable, talk about other parenting options like adoption, surrogacy, or fostering.
5. Schedule follow-up sessions to track development, modify treatment programmes as required, and offer ongoing support and direction.
Dealing with secondary infertility is a personal experience, so it's critical to get support and advice from professionals. Your healthcare provider, Shivam IVF and Infertility Centre, the top infertility clinic in Delhi NCR, provides personalised guidance based on your unique situation and guides you along the way to starting or growing a family.