Age Affects The Fertility In Women
There are many reasons why you might decide to become a mother after the age of 35. Maybe you want to make a career for a few years at first. Or maybe it's taken you a long time to find the perfect life partner!
After the age of 35, about a third of couples face difficulties in having a child because they face infertility. According to gynecologists and doctors, a woman's fertility rate drops significantly after the age of 35. With increasing age, there are also some problems in conceiving as -
1. After 35 age, the number of eggs starts decreasing, which leads to infertility issues.
2. Even if the eggs are produced, they are not healthy enough to allow the process of fertilization.
3. There may be health-related issues.
4. There may be a risk in pregnancy
5. The quality of eggs gradually starts deteriorating,
6. Eggs are not released properly from the ovary
7. The risk of miscarriage is many times higher
Is there a higher risk of getting pregnant at 35?
Pregnancy at the age of 35 is considered high risk because many problems can happen during this time. Such as:
1. Risk of preeclampsia ie high blood pressure
2. developing diabetes during pregnancy
3. Risk of Down syndrome in the unborn child
4. Very low baby weight at birth
5. Preterm birth
What are the chances to conceive at late ages?
Despite the issues, there are many women in the world, even at the age of 40, who are becoming mothers. However, due to the improvement in medical facilities and technology, it is possible to get pregnant and give birth to a healthy child even at the age of 40. If you feel that you need help with conception, it is better to start treatment as soon as possible. Treatments such as intrauterine insemination (IUI) and IVF are more successful in women between the ages of 35 and 40.
The specialist may ask you to make lifestyle changes that may affect your chances of conceiving and your baby. The main purpose of having a medical check-up is to make sure that you are as healthy as possible before becoming pregnant.
For best treatment options visit the best test tube baby centre in Delhi or consult with the Fertility Specialist Dr. Bhavana Mittal.